A live, ticking, colour-changing visual data dashboard for London and other UK cities, collecting from various open and free sources and presented as a website. The principal output of a short NeISS/JISC-funded project at UCL CASA.
CityDashboard was created in early 2012 by Oliver O’Brien, with prototyping by Duncan Smith and some additional coding by Steven James Gray, Richard Milton and George MacKerron, all at UCL CASA. The project is not being actively maintained or developed, but remains online for interest and for reference.
See it Live
- CityDashboard (London)
- CityDashboard (Other UK Cities)
- CityDashboard (UCL Museums)
- The UCL Museums version was funded by a UCL Beacon grant.
Selected API Uses
- London Periodic Table (info) (Oliver O’Brien)
- London Data Table (Oliver O’Brien & Steven James Gray)
- iPad Wall (Steven James Gray)
- Prism (more) (Keiichi Matsuda)
- Venice (separate project, design inspired)
- Roumpani F, O’Brien O, Hudson-Smith A. Creating, visualizing and modelling the real-time city. Proceedings of Hybrid City II “Subtle rEvolutions” conference, May 2013. Online version.